May 31, 2008

Fox

Secretly, every time i see a fox, usually crossing the street on a dark night, i feel like God has reminded me of his presence. His beauty in creation, his love for me, even in a crowded city.

If a family of foxes can survive crazy I-25 construction and relocate a block away where we still see them, and if a fox can wander the area around Cherry Creek, and then even close to Standley Lake i saw one just last night....

If all that continues on, despite the seemingly busy city life i find myself in, then, maybe, just maybe, i can pause and breathe for a moment.

But, usually i miss the opportunity. I crane my neck in disbelief that i really just saw a live fox with perky ears and beautiful full tail, and am lucky that i haven't crashed into something as i rubberneck it. I take in a short breath and then try to make my brain and heart slow to absorb the grace of life.

But usually i miss it, cause I'm worried about something else, or get caught up in whatever is blaring through my radio speakers, or cause I'm just not very good at calming my spirit and being still lately.

F-O-X.

Even now, when i could ponder life though much of the day, i gotta get up and run. Plans and people to see. Sunburns to get, errands to run, plans to make.

Not very good at being still these days. (maybe it's cause the being still brings me back to the groaning of leaving....)

No comments: