It's happened a couple of times in my life, and I'm finally starting to see some of the sense in it. When my life becomes chaotic, full of change and out of my control, I often respond by having seasons of a foul mouth. Sometimes it's just in my head, and sometimes it blurts right out, and I usually don't care. When I left for Africa, I had a little potty mouth, and one of my teammates was horrified. When I hang out with my friend Sara, we laugh about it. Right now, I imagine plenty of opportunities to work in swear words, but haven't actually voiced many yet.
Change: to make the form, nature, content, future course, etc., of (something) different from what it is or from what it would be if left alone
Wouldn't that be so sweet, if our lives could go on, left alone, and things would not have to be different? There would be no loss, changing of relationships, moving. Wouldn't that be perfect.
Except, I'd hate it.
I used to think that I hated change. One day my mom called me on it when I was trying to cope out. I sign myself up for change, and then I usually worry and freak out about it. I like change, it is true. I tire of the mundane and repetition of life. But when change starts to get a little uncomfortable, I want all my old ways back.
My best friend is moving away. Another close friend is getting married. Someone else is moving away. I'm new in my job. And my apartment complex sucks. Oh shit.
One movie said that one sibling had gotten the swearing gene, while the other had missed it. I guess I got the swearing gene, and Lisel escaped without it.
No comments:
Post a Comment