I'm the luckiest, you know.
My Jeff, the one i feel at home with, the one i get to marry, i have found him. We found each other. God made the way for us to be. We are planning on getting married December 26....so mark your calendars, folks, a Colorado wedding.
When i was just having a crush on him, i appreciated his kindness that he extended to me and others. He is generous with his time to friends. We talked about music often in those crush days. Electrelane, Ben folds, Pandora, Ron Sexsmith. He loves the Rockies, a lot. alot alot. He stood up for me in a staff meeting when everyone else was silent. He also was really honest with me one day when i was having a snotty attitude. I'm thankful he told me. Back in the crush days, i got to see his band, Delby L, play a couple of times. I'll admit, i woke up one night, soon after one of the shows, singing one of the songs....i hadn't even known the song beforehand! oh Yoko! now i really like it!
When we started to hang out...but maybe were not quite dating, i learned that he has played a lot of music in his life, and prefers to play his own music. or his own versions of some of his favorite songs. Music is in his heart, i think.
I've learned that he loves to dance, and wants to learn to dance....i hope we get to dance together.
He is committed to his parents and family. He loves pho and pickles. I am thankful for his strength and gentleness. He makes me laugh. He doesn't let me escape when i try to hide. He listens to the words i don't say. He likes bridges and does not like boxes or labels. He's better at eating fruit than i am, but I'm better at drinking coffee than he is. =) we like road trips. We took a vote and decided long ago that we don't really like long distance relationships. it's not our favorite.
My Jeff, he's an original. toe socks, fingerless gloves (thanks mom!) blue shoes. he's a handsome original.
I've found my Jeff.
I'm lucky.
PS I'm moving to Denver. back to Denver. i will finish a full school year at mhgs, and will probably transfer to Denver sem. Reasons to celebrate and to say goodbye. it's both. I'm celebrating and I'm grieving.
No comments:
Post a Comment