February 20, 2009

Finally, The Story!

So....

Jeff and i got engaged on February 12th! Excited RAGHHHH screaming!

Here's how it happened:
Jeff flew in on Wednesday night and we got up on Thursday to walk around Greenlake. It was a brisk morning, and we bundled up. Jeff had asked me a couple of weeks beforehand if we could go walk around Greenlake, and i agreed, thinking nothing of it.

We chatted about life and work on the way to the lake, and i suspected nothing.

A short distance around the lake, Jeff asked if we could sit and read on one the benches. He pulled out a book i had given him for Christmas, and then said, "actually, i brought another book for us to read!" and he pulled out a book he had made: the story of us.

An amazingly creative, fun story about a boy meeting a girl, working together, living in two different cities, loving each other...pictures of us included, real and drawn.

Then one day the boy and girl go walking around a lake and sit down on a bench to rest, he pulls out the book, and...

(by this point, i know it's coming and am trying to savor each moment. the only point i could tell that Jeff was nervous was as he was trying to hold the book, get down on one knee, get out the ring, hold my hand, and ask me to marry him! it was precious!)

So he's got the ring out, down on one knee, holding my hand, and asks me to be his wife, best friend and lover!?!

Yes, yes yes!

The story ends with

it's a sort of happy ending/boy gets girl kind of thing, hopefully...!
the end! to be continued...


So we're engaged! and i was surprised! And the ring is a simple, beautiful sapphire...i love it!


6 comments:

Laura Joy said...

I love it! Whoo Hool!

:)

Any idea when the date is?

KMarie said...

Lovely girlie!! I love it and I am so excited for you! La la la!!

Jenn said...

Yippee! Thanks for the details!

Joy said...

Yeah Claire! I'm so happy for you, and I look forward to meeting Jeff!

Marci said...

Hooray Claire!!! I am so happy for you! Hugs!

The Nagel Family said...

Congratulations!!! So exciting!!!! Love, Christina