Wow.
We did it.
I married an amazing man, the one I love.
The day was so full of faces and action and fun.
We had a great day and now, in the middle of the night, I’ve been tossing and turning for two hours cause I'm still mulling over the events of the day.
Amazing friends and family. We had so much help. I am SO grateful. We had great laughter and company.
Peace. As crazy as getting married is, and all that goes into it, I think J and I really had a deep peace too. We have been waiting and planning for this for over a year, really for about 30 years, and we knew it was right.
Dancing. Someone even commented that we must be the right fit for each other, because it looks like we took dancing lessons from the same teacher. =) I guess that means we have similar styles. =)
Toasts. Our siblings, dads, family and friends shared generous words. Their words mean a lot to us, and I was so blessed by all that was shared.
Tears. My own tears flowed freely, I just didn’t know how the day would go. My big bro Toby and his family were not able to attend the festivities, because they are expecting little one #2 any day now, but I was able to speak with him briefly before our rehearsal. As soon as I got off the phone, I started crying. A bitter sweet moment, to say hello and know that I wouldn’t get to hug Toby, Jenn and Elyse that day. We missed you, but glad you are home awaiting your precious arrival.
And then, more tears, especially as I started walking down the aisle with my parents. Struck by the fullness of it all. Standing with my parents, facing my groom, and many of our loved ones. Wow.
The weather was amazing-a beautifully sunny Colorado afternoon.
Other moments that I'm remembering right now:
-a general theme from the weekend: as the bride, I felt like I could be stressed if no one else was. But if someone else was being stressed or cranky, then I jumped into problem solving and not being stressed. Only room for one stressed person at a time. =) I think I avoided bride-zilla pretty well.
-Our wedding party was amazing. We had nine loved ones stand with us and they supported us well. Much play, laughter, sharing, and adventures happened and we are so thankful for their love. My ladies were so beautiful-I'm proud of them. The gents looked real sharp in gray. I got to spend a little precious time with each one; I really like each of J’s men. We all went mini-golfing on Thursday night and had a great time.
- fun ladies pics with sunglasses. I can’t wait to see them.
-j made an amazing slideshow for our ceremony. AMAZING. Neema played some beautiful piano to go along with it and the moment was sweet.
-I was worried about having enough help and food. Though I'm sure I was protected from knowing many of the details, it seems like there was enough of both. Phew!
-Bubbles. Somewhere at our house, we had a stash of bubbles hanging around and I packed them up to go to the reception. All afternoon, our cousins and other little friends were showering us with bubbles. I loved it. One of my nicknames in high school was bubbles. =)
-My uncle Kirby danced like mad.
-I found some really sweet blue shoes to wear with my dress and while getting pictures taken, I hiked around the church. During the reception, I noticed a good size blister! It was totally worth it.
-Dabney was the dancing police. With bubbles in hand, she wanted Jeff and I together and dancing. =) If we were found separated or off the dance floor, she was quick to call us out.
-Peter said that he sees that J & I both have a storm inside us, and that the other is much like a peace to our storms. I like it.
-Lisel spoke of many sweet sister memories and how J is like a brother to her. We love her so much.
-our moms had matching outfits made in Jakarta and they were stunning.
-A dream of ours that we talked about throughout the weekend is about community. We want it. And have some dear friends that want it too. The unplanned plan is to move to a beautiful valley in Oregon, have community housing of sorts, gardens, solar panels, and raise our families. So we talked about a valley in Oregon. Wanna join us?
I know there are many other stories to tell. And I hope to hear many other stories from the day.
I'm thankful.
Exhausted and excited and amazed and thankful.
Maybe I’ll go crawl back in bed next to my husband.
3 comments:
YAY!!!! Soooooo glad you're day was so fabulous! I would REALLY love to see pictures... I imagine it was gorgeous, just from your descriptions. And Oregon?! Can we come?!?!? ;) Love you, girl. Friends Always!!
So glad you're now in the middle of marital fun!
You have to put pics up for those of us who weren't there :0)
YES YES! I'LL JOIN YOU IN OREGON! you and j succeeded in your hopes for community that weekend. it was amazing. my j and i really loved of your friends :) you have special people that love you both lots.
how are you??? YOU NEED TO CALL ME SOON!!!! XOXO times infinity :)
Post a Comment