August 17, 2007

letters

Dear Exile is a book about two friends writing letters.....I loved it.
I can relate to the story. I love writing letters and i love what these women wrote about. I'm inspired to write better letters. I miss Africa and the stories of creatures, people and the uncommon.
I shared my Bissau pictures with a friend this week and we talked and talked about working with kids in other cultures. Some of our stories were HARD, and some were delightful. We wondered about where they are now, if they are even alive and doing OK. I miss Racacia; i wonder if her dad is taking care of her. I wonder if Adelio is getting into trouble and smiling all the way thru it. Is Hanas still memorizing verses? Crazy Ibu- he moved away, and i wonder if he has made new friends. Is Binet doing OK with out her dad?
What about the others i have lost contact with? Laura and her beautiful craze for life. Stephanie's willingness to try any recipe and dye her hair with me. What about Kiti, is she sharing her heart with someone else?
I used to live in Africa. and now, i live in America.

No comments: