I love it when friends come to town. I also love being the friend who comes to town, but my budget doesn't allow for that as much. Last night, i stayed up until midnight with friends who live in Georgia. It was so fun to laugh with them, share stories and reconnect. And, double bonus, i got to see other long lost friends that i hadn't connected with in years. The bummer part is that i get so excited to love on these friends again, and then we all return back to our hum-drum lives. I'm terrible to reach by phone or email, your lives are busy....and i forget how much i love you all. Earlier this month it was a friend from elementary and high school. In May it was friends who live in Seattle, before that friends who live in China (I actually went to see them though.) Highlights: laughing about visiting churches, talking about high school reunions, beer tasting in Ft Collins, and Nick's smooth moves with numb chucks.
For all of those who have come to my neck of the woods: Thank you.
For letting me come to your neck of the woods: Thank you.
For all those i still hope to visit: someday. someday soon, i hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment